Due to the Modular Design of OpenMediaVault it is possible to enhance it via Plug-ins.
Plugins distributed with OpenMediaVault
Some Plug-ins are distributed together with OpenMediaVault. Like OpenMediaVault they are developed by Volker Theile.
3rd Party Plug-ins
OMV-Extras.org Plugin Repository
- Since OpenMediaVault 0.5 Sardaukar, all 3rd Party Plug-ins are available via the omv-extras.org Repository. The Repository is maintained by Aaron Murray (ryecoaaron).
- You'll allways find the latest HowTo for the Repository under 
- The Repository is divided into three Subrepositories: Stable, Testing and Unstable. The Unstable Repository is only available for Moderators and Plugin Developers.
- You'll find a list of available Plug-ins under  and .
- Support for those Plugins is available under  and the Plug-in section of the Forum.
- Source Code for those Plug-ins is available under 
- Report Bugs for those Plug-ins either on github, or the Plug-in section of the Forum.
- There also is a Development Subsection in our Forum. Please ask one of our Moderators on the Forum if you'd like to participate.
- Starting with OpenMediaVault 0.5 all Plugin Developers unified themselves as OpenMediaVault Plugin Developers in order to avoid copyright misconceptions.
- http://omv-extras.org/simple/index.php?id=plugins-stable, http://omv-extras.org/simple/index.php?id=plugins-testing